As I mentioned in my post on “Real Guys Giving Real Advice” many women are not comfortable approaching men. Kristin and I are two of those women. We like guys to approach us. That is the THE reason we created SingleTease to let guys know we are available and approachable so THEY would approach us.
But, wearing a SingleTee isn’t a sure way to get a guy to approach you. Your body language plays a major part in the approach. That’s why we created the section “Tips” on our web site.
Kristin and I recently participated in a tele-conference by Keri Newell of “Can’t Date Without It.” Body language was one of many great dating tips that Keri shared with us. I wanted to share her advice on catching a guys attention with your body language.
1. Gaze around the room to see if there’s anyone you would like to meet.
2. Find someone interesting? Make eye contact, hold your gaze for 5 seconds. At second three, smile. Then look away.
3. Move away from your friends and continue to make intermittent eye contact. Go to the bar to order a drink or walk over to the window to check out the view for example.
4. Let him come to you. Do not approach him. If he’s interested, he will approach you.
5. Let him speak first. Even if it’s a silly comment, it’s okay. He’s nervous and might not make the best first impression.
6. Let him ask for your phone number. If he doesn’t, there’s a good reason and you don’t want to waste your time.
I’ll share more great dating advice from Keri in future posts!