I’m always amazed that singles are still using the newspaper to post personal ads. I guess they think “less is more.” It’s like a text message, but in print. It’s a brief description using abbreviations without a picture. Good luck with that!
I think these people:
1) are married
2) too cheap to pay for an online dating subscription
3) can’t write a sentence to save their lives (or get a date)
4) don’t know who they really are so they can’t write a bio
5) too busy to put up their profile on an online dating site
I think the people who answer these ads:
1) are unhappily married
3) looking for sex
4) don’t have time to go through online profiles
Since papers are still selling these ads, there must be a demand. I realize some newspapers also offer to post these ads online, but what can you tell about a person from a bunch of abbreviations? Maybe you want to test how clever you can be by using the least amount of words and the most amount of acronyms? Here’s one example: DWPM, 6′, 200 lbs., ISO LTR with WW/D/J/SWF, n/s, h/w/p, 35-40.
WHAT ?!?? This is not a good way to find a date or anything else! And, it’s leaves alot of room for miscommunication. I thought LTR meant love triangle! Who hoo!!
btw, the people who posted these personal ads 20 years ago are probably primo texters today!